A downloadable copy of my resume can be found here.
After having traditional on-campus experiences, I made the choice to transfer somewhere that allowed me to have more flexibility to finish my degree while I gained real life experiences with internships and freelance work. I graduated from SUNY Empire State College in 2015, with my BA in Cultural Studies. As of 2017, I am considering pursuing an advanced degree in the near future.
My experience has included:
- My current role as a Social Media Specialist for Brawn Media. Here, I am responsible for working closely with account executives and other key team members to create content marketing strategies for our clients. Aside from content writing, I also monitor online reputation management for clients, and respond to questions and concerns on behalf of clients as needed.
- A marketing internship with Iron Horse Entertainment Group. My main duties there included transporting riders and flyers to venues/businesses, creating poster displays in venues and writing up content for the website (band bios and the like). I also worked with their Talent Buyer and had the opportunity to learn about the booking process with him.
- Music Coordinating for Coral Press. I became Project Manager for the Songs of Dyson Burnette album, a project to accommodate the independent publishing company’s most recent book release. My duties there included recruiting and coordinating with the talent, as well as writing/releasing promotional content and managing MailChimp campaigns.
- Columnist for Musicians Unite – I wrote and edited a weekly column, and also networked with companies to review their products/services. MU has a very engaged audience, and a great deal of the writing supports the creation of a community for musicians.
- And finally, I started offering my services as a freelance consultant. I have mostly worked with musicians, acting as interim manager, and taking on marketing and PR duties for other clients. Throughout this process, I created and built upon professional relationships that led to placements for folk artist Sammy Brue in publications, including Rolling Stone and American Songwriter. During my time working with Sammy, similar relationship-building led to getting him signed with SESAC, booked at Newport Folk Festival, and brought about several additional opportunities.